History

Place Campbell’s history can be traced back to 1908 when Mr Fairbrother commenced practising in East Grinstead as an accountant. Several years later, his practice was taken over Mr Richard Place, who was subsequently succeeded by his sons Geoffrey and Brian. The firm conducted a mixed practice and dealt with a variety of trades and professions.

In 1947 our first contact was established with the Bar, when Brian Place accepted instructions from our first Barrister. This initial contact proved successful and a number of Barristers had increased to over 300 by 1978.

It was decided, in view of the specialist nature of Bar work, to set up a new partnership. On 1st February 1978 Place Campbell was formed. Tony Campbell, who joined Brian Place in 1967, was the founder partner. The practice has continued to grow and now acts for over 3,000 Barristers and has five partners. In addition to the specialist Barrister work, the firm has established a rapidly expanding accounts and audit section.

In October 2009, because of our specialist knowledge of the Bar, we were appointed a Service Partner by the Bar Council.